It's finally here. The time I never thought would really come. We have a real job and we are moving. James has been in school for as long as I have known him, which is coming up on 10 years now. James is a great student as many of you know and originally thought he would be a professor after finishing his PhD., but things change and we are off to a job in industry in the East. Another thing I never thought would happen. We are from the west, and to the west we thought we would return. I guess life isn't what you think it will be. I can't help but shed a tear for the home we are leaving. We have made life-long friends here and had all four of our children here. I know most people can't stand the housing we are in and are very ready for more space (as am I), but I have considered this our home and find it hard to pack up. I have really grown here and will miss all that this place is. We have a one of a kind ward here, that I love, and I really don't know what I will do when my kids don't have a huge sand box and a playground to play on right outside the front door, not to mention the three baby swings, and playmates is ample supply. I will miss walking around the NW V loop and seeing all our friends out in the evening.
The one thing that makes this move easier is knowing we have a place waiting for us and we love the area we will be in. We have a state park 1/10 of a mile away, at the end of a very quiet, wooded street. We will still only have three bedrooms, but they are bigger and we have a finished basement!! The best part...three and a half bathrooms! We have arrived. No waiting in line to shower, let alone pee. I don't look forward to potty training, but at least we have a bathroom on each level. That will help. We hope we will find as much joy in our new home as we have had here. Hopefully that doesn't mean four more children or I WILL lose my husband to the psychiatric ward.
As for other happenings in recent past. We went on a housing hunting trip for four days with just E and almost felt normal when out in public. No stares, no "you have your hands full", just
business as normal. Boring. Thanks, Aunt Kim for taking good care of the boys while we were gone. We were home for a day and then it was off to Utah to visit family via a four day car trip. We haven't been to Utah as a family for three years and many of our family members hadn't even seen our kids yet. We had a nice visit with cousins on the way out. Thanks Gaza's for accommodating us so well. It was wonderful to see all my siblings again. It has been way too long and was way too short. Hopefully we can make it happen more frequently. We also go to meet Kim's new husband and two kids. Our kids had three new cousins to meet on this trip. Thanks Mom, for arranging the family party. It was great to see so many family members I wouldn't have seen otherwise. We even got updated pictures of both sides of the family. Thanks, Lane for flying out. James and I got some much needed time alone and had a mini-vacation for a couple days. Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa Allison and all who helped watch our kids for a few days.
If I started to thank everyone that helped us on this momentus family vacation we would be here all night. I won't bore you. You know who you are, Thank You! Thanks Aunt Vicki for letting us stop in unexpectedly and making us lunch. The boys love the 4 wheeler ride, even if they weren't moving. Last, but not least, we visited our good friends the Pollary's on the way home and got to watch fireworks on the 4th. After a day's drive, it was nice to feel like it really was a holiday. E and J got to play princesses the next morning and even posed for some cute pics. We loved our time with everyone.
Since we returned home, it has been back to work. Packing and wrapping up our life here. James had his last day doing consulting for Ford today, although he will still be finishing things over the next week or two. Tuesday we load the truck and Wednesday we leave town. I will be so glad to be done with this move. We really thought we got rid of so much stuff, but we still have so much left. I really do appreciate the simple life.
Well, I guess this update will have to be enough. One of these times I will get more pictures on here, but until then you can envision us a little darker from the summer sun, a little plumper from the road trip fast food, and a little older. E's curls are getting longer, and the boys are sporting new buzz cuts that are really cute on them. It's much easier to get sand out of short hair!
Have a great July and wish us luck on our move.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
What an adventure, I love the area of the country you are moving to.... have FUN!
Wow, sounds like an awesome vacation! We will miss you guys. I can't believe it's time for you guys to go already. The kids are so adorable and grew up so fast! Sorry I didn't come and visit teach this month :( It's been busy. Godd luck with everything and stay in touch.
We are so excited for YOU!!! (all of you :) We know you'll love the new chapter in your life while reminiscing about the "Northwood Chapters" like we do. Keep us posted on your new addresses! We'll be in the East next summer visiting family - so keep in touch there or here in Utah! :) the christensens
Sounds like a lot of new adventures for you all. Congrats on the job and 3 baths, it is life changing. Glad I found your blog to catch up on all you are doing.
Good luck with the move, Natalie! Glad your trip to Utah was a success. I know you'll LOVE the area you're moving to. I wish you all the best in getting settled. Enjoy the bathrooms! I'm having trouble keeping up with cleaning 3 of them!
I have been thinking of you guys often over the last few days. I hope Ellie got her post card sorry it took so long to send. I will need your new address when you get a chance. Hope the move goes smoothly for you. I cant wait to see pictures of the kids Im sure they have gotten so much bigger. I am doing well here changed jobs and like this one better. My shoes are a dream and when my room mate is complaining about her feet hurting after work I say a little thank you to you for the great gift.
miss you all
Sarah
Natalie, I miss you already! I know you'll all do great in your new life. Thanks for the fun girls night out before you left!
It was such fun having you here for the short time you came. The kids are adorable, and fast at getting into everything. They made me laugh. I sure wish you could be closer, but everything has a purpose, so make the most of it. Please send us your contact info, (#'s, addresses, etc,) as soon as you can. Love to all,
It was so much fun seeing you! I hope that this is a wonderful move for you and your family.
I am so happy to hear your plans. You are just going to LOVE your new place. We moved into a one story, 3 bed, 2 bath home with a dishwasher and garage when we first moved here to TX and I thought I had died and gone to heaven.
How nice to be able to take a trip just with Ellie. I was on Pollary's blog the other day and saw the cute pictures of the boys. I can't believe how big they are.
Well, I hope you get through all your packing and the move. Moving can be so stressful. Where in the East are you moving to? Keep in touch.
Your friend,
Emily
I feel so fortunate that we were in town to say goodbye--best of luck and don't be strangers. We'd love to have a princess and three tornadoes tear up the house... :) Much love!
Hey Allisons!
I just wanted to wish you good luck in your new house. I hope it is going well for you and that you are adjusting quickly. Mom said that you have some pretty good ward members who are leaving you treats and dinners on your doorstep. How nice!
Hope things are as good as you dreamed. It was so great to see you last month!
Michelle
I fianlly found you. I have been thinking of you and saw you on becky's blog. Yeahh. How are things going? We miss you soo much here. Email me and I will send you a link to my blog. tstaj01@yahoo.com. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment