Birthday pics to come soon.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Unexpected visitor
Ellie had her birthday party with her friends Saturday afternoon and was wired most of the night. She finally settled down around 10:00pm, so I figured I would at least get to sleep in on Sunday because she would be, right? Wrong. 7:30 Sunday morning Ellie comes bounding into our bedroom excitedly talking about the tick she has trapped in her bed. I know to believe her when she is this adamant about something so I followed her back in. Sure enough, sitting right in the middle of her bed is a giant, swollen tick crawling around under the garbage can she had placed on top of it to trap it. Gross! But that isn't all. She then explained she had found it in her hairline and had pulled it off herself! She went straight in the tub and the bedding went straight in the washer. She did a great job. I am amazed she didn't scream when she found it or anything, brave little girl. She got it off but then she didn't know what to do with it. So, we put it in the little container she has her other tick in. (she got one last fall too) She calls them her "Twin Ticks" I read that if possible you should keep the tick for later identification should the need arise. Don't think I am keeping them as a souvenir. Apparently 10 minutes outside with dad the day before was too much. Trust me we will be doing tick checks every time we go to check the mail from now on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, that doesn't sound fun at all!
But what a cool story! :)
Post a Comment