Ellie is now in primary at church (kids 3-12) and loves it. She sits on the front row and soaks up everything that is taught. A couple weeks ago, the bishop came it to talk to the kids. He challenged the kids to try to make their homes a more loving place. He really made an impression on her. She came home and started telling us that we needed to have more love in our home and she was going to help. She started picking up toys without being asked (that never happens), being really nice to her brothers, and doing little things to make us happy! It lasted for a while too. She didn't just forget.
That same day in primary while the bishop was visiting, they asked him to do a push-up for every Article of Faith (13 statements about our beliefs) the kids had memorized over the last month or so. The bishop asked the kids to count with him as he did them and Ellie must have thought he asked the kids to do the push-ups with him because she got down on the floor next to him and in her little dress started doing push-ups! I couldn't stop laughing. I love the innocence of youth.
Ellie also got to give a talk in primary a few weeks ago about "I came to earth as part of a family". She did really well and I guess liked being up there at the podium. Last week when I was home with sick boys, I was told Ellie tried to get up there several times to talk. She hasn't really figured out that it isn't always her turn to talk. So today when there was a short break in the action Ellie jumped up and headed to the podium saying she had a song to share. Luckily she was stopped in her tracks. When the chorister started singing time he asked Ellie what song she had wanted to sing. She responed Nephi's courage. Instead of returning to her seat she made a bee-line for the podium again. The chorister (a good friend) gave in to her and let her stay there. Luckily the mic was turned down low. She sang every word of the first verse, even though you couldn't hear her over the sound of everyone else. When he asked the kids how the second verse began the room was silent until Ellie blurted into the mic the whole first line. She finished singing the rest of the song with the group and then sat back down in her seat. I can't help being proud of her, but we need to work on learning whose turn it is in primary.
We love our little Ellie and are glad she is in our family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That's so cute. I can't believe how big she is getting. One in Primary...three to go!
That's awesome that she is loving it so much! Sunbeams are so adorable and make me laugh. I do love the innocence of them. That is so cute that she did the push ups with the bishop and remembered to help out at home. What an awesome little girl you have!
Thanks for posting! I love stories about your kids. They always make me laugh. Thanks for taking the time to do it. Love ya!
It's so fun to remember that our little girls are growing up and doing the same things even if we are many miles apart! Ellie and Jill could put on quite the show together - I'm sure of that!
I wish they were closer so we could let them put on a show! Since Sunday E has been making her microphone out of blocks and giving talks or testimonies! It's great what comes out of her mouth.
Awesome. I am in the primary now, and I love the honesty of the kids!
Wish we were closer so that our girls could play together. Halle loves to point to her cousins (picture on the fridge) and squeals with delight as we point to each one and say their names. Now if I could only get the names to the correct face. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Love you.
Been thinking of you today because of the Dodge's BIG NEWS!! Check it out, if you haven't already!!
I love the post about your little Ellie! She is so fun!
Love,
Katie
Post a Comment